Low in energy? Constantly feel like you don’t have enough time? Always doing stuff for other people and never for yourself? If you can relate to any of these, it’s likely that you’re not setting and affirming boundaries as well as you could be… and it’s a sure bet you’re going to love today’s podcast!
Boundaries are the building blocks of healthy relationships and setting them is a powerful act of self-love… yet so many of us struggle in this area — and maybe even avoid thinking about them altogether. That’s why I was so excited to interview today’s podcast guest, self love guru and boundary expert Terri Cole.
Terri Cole is a New York-based licensed psychotherapist, relationship expert and founder of The Real Love Revolution and Boundary Bootcamp. For two decades, Terri has worked with some of the world’s most well-known personalities — from international pop stars, athletes, TV personalities to thought-leaders and Fortune 500 CEOs. Her strategies combine practical psychology, eastern mindfulness practices plus harnessing the power of intention to create positive, sustainable change and lasting transformation.
So if you want to dial up your self love, assert some healthy boundaries in your life and reclaim your energy and personal power, you are going to LOVE this wide-ranging conversation.
In this episode we chat about:
- How she got to where she is today and how she became an ambassador for self love (04:04)
- The revolution we should all be a part of (05:03)
- The two toxic emotions holding us back from true self-love (06:40)
- Boundaries 101: why they’re essential (and why so many of us struggle to set them) (07:44)
- The 4 signs you’ve got the ‘disease to please’ (08:47)
- The simple yet powerful phrase that will transform all your relationships (15:27)
- Know your deal breakers for epic relationships (18:24)
- The common boundary setting mistake that can screw up your relationships (22:00)
- How to assert your boundaries, even if you’re scared (26:59)
- What happens when we don't assert our boundaries (32:16)
- The life-changing concept of ‘hello goodbye’ (32:44)
- The power of not doing the ‘auto yes’ (38:07)
- Why awareness is key for boundaries that feel true to you (40:00)
- How to set boundaries with your family (41:19)
- Plus so much more!
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Terri Cole’s TED Talk What If Fear Were Just A Feeling?
Terri Cole’s Podcast
Terri Cole's Boundary Bootcamp
Terri Cole's Masterclass
The Real Love Revolution
Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner
Other books by Harriet Lerner
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
Other books by Brené Brown
Brené Brown’s TED Talk The Power Of Vulnerability
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.