We all want to be great, right? Whether it’s being a great mother, a great boss, a great wife, sister or leader, it doesn’t matter — deep down, we all want to show up as the best version of ourselves and make a massive impact on the world. Of course, it’s not always easy to step into our greatness.
For starters, our Mean Girl is brilliant at holding us back and keeping us small. (Seriously, that’s her area of expertise!) Then, of course, there are all the roadblocks and obstacles that life seems to throw at us whenever we try to step things up and kick big goals. It can all add up to make it seem much easier (not to mention safer) to just stay smack-bang in our comfort zones… but you and I both know we were put on this planet for way more than that.
That’s why I’m so freaking excited to share this interview with you today.
See, I believe that in order to excel at anything in life we must learn from the best. And there’s no one I know more qualified to talk on the topic of becoming great than Lewis Howes — motivational speaker, lifestyle entrepreneur and all round epic human, who just so happens to be an expert on the topic of greatness.
With a super successful podcast The School Of Greatness, plus his New York Times best-selling book of the same title, you are bound to learn a thing or two (or twenty!) from this wise man.
(A quick note before we dive into the interview: you’ll see at the start of the video, I mention that Lewis’s book is available for pre-order, which was the case when we filmed the interview. But the excellent news is, you no longer have to wait! His book is now available right this very second and you can get your hands on it over here.)
Stop caring how you look and focus on how you’re being.
So pull out your pen and paper, close down all the tabs on your computer and open your mind and heart… because ladies and gentlemen, this is one inspiring man.
In this interview with New York Times bestselling author Lewis Howes, you will learn…
- His amazing and inspiring story from pro-footballer to lifestyle entrepreneur.
- How his identity crisis changed everything for him — and how you can use your own ‘setbacks’ to trigger incredible personal growth.
- Why he left his dream career in football.
- How he went from not being able to read and write, to becoming a New York Times best-selling author (if ‘write a book’ is on your bucket list, you need to hear what he has to say!).
- What his dream morning looks like (and the one thing you can do first thing to set yourself up for a kick-ass day).
- How he moves through fear, plus his favorite fear-busting strategies.
- Why we need to appreciate and be grateful for fear.
- How to find your purpose and passion in life + a powerful exercise to help you uncover it.
- Why greatness comes from within and how to cultivate greatness.
- The 3 biggest things that make you truly great.
- Why having a big vision is imperative to being of service to the world.
- Plus loads, loads more.
My favorite quote from Lewis is…
So if you want to be truly great, grab his book here and be inspired by his words and wisdom. And before we go, I would love to hear what you want to become truly great at in your life — share with me in the comments below.
As always, thank you so much for being here. I absolutely love sharing with you and watching you grow. Keep sharing your insights in the comments below and know that YES — you truly can live a life of epic greatness.