Having a morning and evening routine is so powerful. The morning routine sets you up for a kick-ass day and sends you out into the world with an ‘I can take on anything’ attitude. And a night-time routine helps you let go of the day, fall asleep faster, and sleep more deeply.
There are a few things I do every single morning. I meditate for 20 minutes, journal, list what I am grateful for, exercise and dry body brush. I do this every day without fail. When I don’t do it, I feel off.
Since starting my dry body brushing habit, my skin has become smoother, more even and I have even got rid of cellulite.
Here Are 13 Reasons To Start Dry Body Brushing...
- It spreads energy through the chakras.
- It opens up the pores to release stored toxins.
- It softens deposits of hard fat below the skin and prepares them for discharge.
- It allows excess fat, mucus, cellulite and toxins to actively discharge to the surface rather than to accumulate around deeper vital organs.
- It relieves stress through the meditative action of rubbing the skin.
- It calms the mind.
- It promotes circulation.
- It activates the lymphatic system, especially when scrubbing underarms and groin.
- It's an easy form of massage and deep self-care.
- It can be a truly sacred moment in your day, especially if done with candlelight and a drop or two of essential oil, such as lavender.
- It creates a profound and loving relationship with the body, especially parts not often shown care, and especially for a person with body image problems.
- It reduces muscle tension.
- It energises your system in the morning and deeply relaxes you at night.
Dry body brushing can be done before or after you shower. I do it first thing in the morning, before my shower. Do it both morning and night for maximum effect.
You can brush anywhere from 2 – 20 minutes depending how much time you have, obviously the longer the better. You can even turn it into a moving meditation if you like. Light some candles, dim the lights and start giving your body some love.
- Do not brush over sunburnt, inflamed or irritated skin.
- Avoid the breasts and genital area.
- Wash brush before use to remove dead skin cells.
- It has a deeper physical, mental and emotional effect if done at the sink and not in the shower.
- Brush from your feet upward and toward your heart.
- Brush from the left to the right side of your body.
Give it a go, hot stuff, and prime your skin so it’s silky and smooth!
Do you have a morning routine gorgeous? Share with me what's included in your ritual. And remember your comment may just inspire someone else with their morning routine. So share away!