The other day, I was thinking about the type of impact I want to leave on my stepson Leo’s life. I imagined him being 60 years’ old and saying ‘My step-mum taught me…………..’, or ‘My step-mum always said……..’. But what did I want those blanks to say? It’s something I’ve never pondered before. So, I sat down and started to write and what emerged was this list of 27 power statements. I liked it so much that I wanted to share it with you, in the hopes that it inspires you to stop, go inward and create your own. You can use mine as inspiration, and once you have your own list, please share it with me in the comments below. I would love to read it!
My 27 Life Power Statements
My 27 Life Power Statements...
- There is only love, and love is ALWAYS the answer.
- My inner Mean Girl is not my truth.
- I know myself best; I am my own guru.
- I am not this body.
- Abundance in all areas of my life is truly possible.
- The quicker I can let something go and return back to love, the better for all.
- Life flows when I flow.
- Meditation is a great tool. Do it daily.
- Smiling and laughing change the biochemistry in my cells and make me feel good. Engage in them often!
- Never stop learning.
- The getting is in the giving.
- The world doesn’t benefit from me playing small.
- Act in integrity, always!
- Trust life.
- Don’t tell lies (even little white lies) as they erode trust with yourself and others.
- The world needs my light and love.
- I matter, as do we all.
- Serve. Serve. Serve.
- Treat others like Jesus. When someone walks into the room, act as though Jesus just walked in.
- To serve is why we are here.
- The present is in presence.
- Love yourself and be your own best friend.
- Enjoy your own company.
- Remember you are the master of your destiny.
- Treat everyone and all things with respect.
- Be a nice human.
- Love your body, move your body and nourish your body.
Now I would love for you to stop and create your own list and share it with me below.
You don’t have to have 27 like me, just as many as you wish (there are no rules here, beautiful!). The only thing I recommend is that when you write each statement, make sure that it’s something which moves you, lights you and inspires you. Don’t just write something because it sounds 'cool' or it’s what you read somewhere else. Come up with power statements that move you from your core. Then print them out, laminate it, and stick it on your bathroom mirror so that every day, twice a day, as you brush your teeth, you can read over them. This is how we retrain our brain and eliminate limiting thought patterns. This is the daily inner work that makes a huge difference to our health and happiness.