Right now the way we are treating Mother Earth means that our children and our children’s children may not experience the beauty we get to witness today. I want to be more of a voice for Mamma Earth because first and foremost change starts with us. We CAN make a difference and there’s no better person than today’s podcast guest Josh Tickell to tell help us understand what we can all be doing to make a real difference.
Josh is a journalist, futurist, author, and award-winning film director whose movies (Fuel, The Big Fix, Pump and Good Fortune) have been shortlisted for Academy Awards, shown in the White House, won awards at the Sundance Film Festival, and have been viewed by over 50 million people worldwide. His first book, From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank, jump started the biodiesel movement and raised billions of dollars for the algae fuel industry. And his second book ‘Kiss the Ground – How the Food You Eat Can Reverse Climate Change, Heal Your Body & Ultimately Save Our World’ is out now and his message needs to be heard by all because we can ALL be agents for change, we can ALL make a difference and we ALL need to work together to preserve our precious Mamma Earth.
In this episode we chat about:
- How the current agriculture model is affecting our health (05:42)
- His journey to where he is today (06:55)
- Why you want to get out of the super market and into your farmers’ market (16:29)
- The connection between our food and our climate (19:22)
- What’s causing the rise in number of heart attacks around the world (23:26)
- What we can do to be agents for change to preserve mother earth for future generations (26:47)
- Why you should be conscious about where your food is coming from (29:11)
- Why you need to know your dirt (30:57)
- Why the soil is the most important part of good health (32:59)
- Why it’s important to educate our children about food & nourishment from a very young age (42:59)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.