I don’t have any regrets in life — I believe that everything happens for a reason, even if it takes you a while to connect the dots. I choose to see the beauty in everything and all situations. I realise it’s a choice — my choice — and I consciously choose to view the world through a positive lens. I haven’t always thought like that though, this is something I had to unlearn over my years of self discovery.
Recently in an interview I was asked a soul-stirring question: What would I say to my 15-year-old self if I could give her a piece of advice? This really got me thinking… Like I mentioned before, I wouldn’t change a thing that has happened in my past because it has all led me to where I am today. But in saying that, if I were to hold my precious 15-year-old self in my arms, I would definitely want to whisper some wisdom in her ear.
Here are 29 things I would tell her about health, wealth and love in the hope that I could spark some curiosity and plant a seed for her future...
- True wellness starts in the mind. The thoughts you think are more powerful than anything (including the food you eat).
- Daily movement is essential for happiness. The key is to enjoy it or don’t do it at all. Find something you love or find the love in what you are doing.
- Meditation is the best kept secret on the planet for sanity, relationships, happiness, work, and creativity. Try it!
- In my opinion every illness and disease starts as blocked energy in the body which needs to be released.
- Your body is your temple! Treat it accordingly.
- Your health must be a priority. Without it, you’ve got nothing.
- The media is really good at selling you loads of toxic products and foods that you don’t really need. Don’t buy into it. Keep it simple, baby!
- You can make money out of following your dreams.
- Money is just energy. Don’t put too much power in it and don’t let it dictate your decisions; let your heart do that.
- You don’t need to go to uni, do a masters, get five degrees or come from a rich family to start something that matters and to be ‘successful’ (whatever your definition of success is). All you have to do is find what lights you up and do that. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
- The more you give, the more you get (but don’t give to get).
- Having an abundant mindset is a daily commitment and is imperative in order to experience abundance in all areas of your life.
- Having a good relationship with money is vital.
- Investing is a good idea as long as you have fun with it.
- Anyone can run their own business, all you gotta have is balls.
- Reading, learning, growing and evolving is what we are here for. Make sure you continue to educate yourself. Just like trees if you are not growing you're dying.
- The work you do in the world is your self-love barometer.
- Discover your passions and purpose in life... then live them!
- When you show up with a desire to serve and add value, you become a magnet for money.
- True love starts from within.
- Self-love is a daily commitment and needs to be executed with conviction and fierce passion.
- Self-care must be a priority and at the top of your to-do list.
- Making love with your soul mate is a spiritual experience and will change the biochemistry of your entire body.
- Your soul mate will come when you are bursting with love within yourself first.
- Your relationships are a reflection of you and you are a reflection of the five most prominent people you spend your time with.
- How worthy you feel is reflected in all areas of your life, included your love life.
- Choosing love over fear is essential and it’s a moment-to-moment practice you need to embrace with your whole heart.
- Finding the love in every situation is imperative in order to grow and evolve.
- Choosing to do all things out of love instead of fear will make your life infinitely better.
Now, I would love to hear from you. What are three things you would tell your 15-year-old self about health, wealth and love? Share with us in as much details as possible the comments below.
Remember — loads of people come here every day to read your inspiring comments, so open your heart and share generously.
As always, thank you so much for being here and sharing your beautiful words of wisdom with our epic tribe. You melt my heart every day.